The Occupational Safety and Health Regulation requires that those responsible for workplaces must ensure that at least one of every 150 employees is trained in first aid. The Occupational Safety & Health Council is one of the organisations approved by the Commissioner for Labour to provide training and issue certificates of competency in first aid. The course, which is jointly organised by the Auxiliary Medical Services, goes through the syllabus of basic first aid with the emphasis on practical approaches to handling casualties. Successful graduates are recognised as competent first aiders.
The course is suitable for those who want to become a competent first aider.
1. Principles of first aid and handling of accidents
2. Asphyxia and resuscitation techniques
3. Wounds and bleeding and their handling techniques
4. Handling of casualties of dizziness, syncope and unconsciousness
5. Injuries of the skeletal system
6. Burns and scalds
7. Handling techniques for other injuries
8. Methods of transporting casualties
|Duration (Hour)：||36 hours plus end-of-course examination|
|Instructor：||Professionals from Auxiliary Medical Services|
|Language：||Cantonese supplemented with Chinese notes|
|Prerequisites：||Ability to read and write in Chinese|
● Award of Certificate: At least 85% attendance and a pass in end-of-course examination. Trainees will be provided a first aid certificate jointly issued by the AMS and OSHC. This certificate is valid for three years.
● Students who do not have sufficient attendance are not allowed to attend the examination.
● Students who are absent from the class, late or leave earlier for more than 30 minutes in a class will be regarded as absent for that session.
Occupational Safety and Health Course Application Form
GCG Member Fee/
OSH Ambassador Fee
||Class Date||Time||Apply individual|
25/4, 2/5, 9/5,
16/5, 23/5 ,6/6/2017